1. To ensure that your prescription glasses are still effective in providing you with the best vision: Regular check-ups allow your optician to adjust your prescriptions as needed, ensuring that your glasses continue to provide you with clear vision.
2. To detect any changes in your eyesight: Over time, our eyes change and so does our need for more or less correction from our glasses. Checking up regularly helps ensure that you’re always seeing clearly.
3. To prevent eye strain and headaches: Wearing lenses that don’t match your current eyeglass prescription may cause eye strain and headaches, both of which can be prevented through regular checks of the prescription of your glasses.
4. To detect any underlying issues: Early detection of certain eye conditions or diseases can prevent long-term complications and vision loss, so it’s important to get your eyes checked regularly to make sure everything is in order.
5. To detect changes to your eye health caused by medication: Some medications may have side effects that affect the eyes, such as blurred vision or difficulty focusing. Regular check-ups with an optician can help you spot these changes early on.
6. To protect your eyes from UV damage: Wearing lenses that protect your eyes from UV rays is essential for protecting them from sun damage over time. Your optician will be able to advise you on what type of lenses would best suit you and your lifestyle. Prescription sunglasses are already available on the market and most brands such as Oakley, Oakley Holbrook, Ray Ban, Serengeti, Prada, Versace, Gucci already offer them.
7. To make sure your glasses fit comfortably: Over time, the shape of your face may change and cause you to need a different frame for your glasses. Regular visits to an optician will help ensure that you maintain a comfortable fit with your eyeglasses.
At Tome Vision, we understand how important it is for you to remain up-to-date with regular checks of your prescription glasses. Our team of experienced opticians can provide you with personalized advice and guidance on all aspects of vision health, so don’t hesitate to ask us any questions or concerns you may have! Contact us today to book an appointment and get started on the road to healthy vision!